[Owncloud] IMAP authentication using user_external?

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 22:47:44 UTC 2012

On Nov 14, 2012 4:48 PM, "Marcel Waldvogel" <
Marcel.Waldvogel at uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

> How can I authenticate externally against an IMAP server? Do I need to
change apps/user_external/appinfo/app.php to include something like

> OC_User::useBackend(new OCP\user_external\IMAP("imap://localhost/");
>
> ? This does not look like the way matching the otherwise clean and
modular design of ownCloud.

> BTW: Why is there no settings page for user_external? Has just nobody
done this or is this on purpose?

I've been waiting some months for tips on this.  After being promised the
functionality in 4.5 the lack of documentation or obvious settings is
disappointing.

Simon