[Owncloud] IMAP authentication using user_external?

Marcel Waldvogel Marcel.Waldvogel at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Nov 14 21:48:04 UTC 2012

How can I authenticate externally against an IMAP server? Do I need to change apps/user_external/appinfo/app.php to include something like

OC_User::useBackend(new OCP\user_external\IMAP("imap://localhost/");

? This does not look like the way matching the otherwise clean and modular design of ownCloud.

BTW: Why is there no settings page for user_external? Has just nobody done this or is this on purpose?

-Marcel