[Owncloud] Mounting local external storage outside document root

Oliver Garraux oliver at g.garraux.net
Wed Nov 14 19:18:39 UTC 2012

Chris,

Maybe I'm not completely understanding your issue, but I have my
Owncloud data directory outside of my Apache document root w/o issue.
In config.php, I have the path to it specified for the datadirectory
element.  I have no symlinks to link that into my Apache site root,
it's completely outside of it.  The Apache user has permissions to
read / write to it, but other than that it's just a completely
separate directory.

$CONFIG = array (
  'datadirectory' => '/netstore/owncloud/',

Would this work for what you're trying to do?

Oliver

Oliver Garraux
Check out my blog:  www.GetSimpliciti.com/blog
Follow me on Twitter:  twitter.com/olivergarraux