[Owncloud] App settings

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Nov 6 02:32:14 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 06 November 2012 02:55 Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> By the way, Brice (eMerzh) and I played around with a new settings
> interface and implemented it in the Bookmarks app:
> https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues/51
>
> Now we should move that out of the bookmarks app into core, to have it
> as a general style for all apps. We want to move from the speech
> bubble popovers to this integrated sliding. It will look even better
> with the new navigation branch where the global settings are not in
> the bottom right anymore.

TBH, I'm not that fond of the speech bubbles either. I firmly believe that
that app settings should be in the app, but changing the way we do it from
each (½) release makes it very difficult for users/documenters/implementers.

Do we have a github issue where we can discuss this? Preferably this should be
transparent for the developer and obvious for the user, meaning that every app
shouldn't need to change (much), and we shouldn't get the same amount of bug
reports/forum questions for changing it as we did last time. (And I willingly
take part blame for that ;) )

Anyways I'm all for changing it, but let us have a proper discussion first.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus