[Owncloud] ownCoud and web hotel

Tim Hinkes timmeey at timmeey.de
Mon Nov 5 11:08:04 UTC 2012

On 11/05/2012 12:01 PM, Karl-Arne Gjersøyen wrote:
> Hello again.
> I installed ownCloud on my web hotel as a subdomain.
> (http://nettsky.karl-arne.name)
> The web interface for login is working well. But when installed a
> client on Windows 7, it can't synchronize with the cloud on my hotel.
> It is because the ownCloud application use specific ports to
> communicate or is it something els?
>
> Karl

Hello Karl,

no. The sync Client ist just communicating via the normal
http/https(80/443) Ports. So when u are able to reach the Web interface
via a Browser from the same machine, its likely that there is another
Problem. Maybe enabled ssl in the client or something. But for real
help, we need more Information about what is working and what not, and
what are the error messages. Maybe try to start with the --logfile
option( but i don't know if this is the same on a windows client)

I'm sorry, that i can't do more for u

TimmeeY