[Owncloud] ownCloud on directadmin / suphp

info at servweb.eu info at servweb.eu
Thu May 31 12:31:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

>Can you see your data if you type the webdav url in some browser?
Yes, I can connect to the webdav URL with my browser. It’s read-only, of course, but directories and files are chown, navigation is correct. It ask me for my username and password fine.

>Or you get permission denied only if you try to create a new folder? (You can test it with windows web folders)
I connect with success to the webdav folder by windows web folder. Navigate fine. But when I want to create a folder, it says “Error 0x80070780 : System can not acces to the file”. Idem if I try to copy a file. Everythings goes fine of I do it in the web interface of ownCloud (data are stored in a folder outside the web folder – but I’ve tried to place it in the web folder and the problem was here anyway).

>Check the apache configs and htaccess regarding to allow/deny/satisfy configurations.

Here, you’ll find the virtual host config (standard for directadmin – username and real domain are replaced). I see nothing particular, but perhaps my eyes are not enough open today ;-) I know that suPHP don’t want folder writable by group, is it possible that windows sync client ask sabreDAV to do that ? But there’s no alert in suPHP log, like I found usually.
<VirtualHost 94.23.46.39:80 >

       ServerName www.mutu101.xxxxxxx.com
       ServerAlias www.mutu101.xxxxxxx.com mutu101.xxxxxxx.com
       ServerAdmin webmaster at xxxxxxx.com
       DocumentRoot /home/myusername/domains/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/mutu101
       ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/myusername/domains/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/mutu101/cgi-bin/

       UseCanonicalName OFF

       <IfModule !mod_ruid2.c>
              SuexecUserGroup myusername myusername
       </IfModule>
       <IfModule mod_ruid2.c>
              RMode config
              RUidGid myusername myusername
              RGroups apache access
       </IfModule>

       CustomLog /var/log/httpd/domains/xxxxxxx.com.mutu101.bytes bytes
       CustomLog /var/log/httpd/domains/xxxxxxx.com.mutu101.log combined
       ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/domains/xxxxxxx.com.mutu101.error.log

       <Directory /home/myusername/domains/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/mutu101>
              Options +Includes –Indexes
              suPHP_Engine ON
              suPHP_UserGroup myusername myusername
       </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Here is the .htacces of ownCloud, as it appear on my server after install :
ErrorDocument 403 /core/templates/403.php
ErrorDocument 404 /core/templates/404.php
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value upload_max_filesize 512M
php_value post_max_size 512M
php_value memory_limit 512M
<IfModule env_module>
  SetEnv htaccessWorking true
</IfModule>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav/ [R]
RewriteRule ^.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav/ [R]
RewriteRule ^apps/([^/]*)/(.*\.(css|php))$ index.php?app=$1&getfile=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
Options -Indexes

>Some Limit configurations in apache?
What kind of limit must I search please ? I’ve read all apache conf files (with direcadmin, conf file is split in many files, by theme). Some of them have limit statements but I’ve not seen something like that seems to be relative at my owncloud vhost.

>Do you have something like mod_security?
No I have not this module.

Here the list of modules, obtain by httpd –l (dav modules are not actives, like you see in the vhost conf file):
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_authn_file.c
  mod_authn_default.c
  mod_authz_host.c
  mod_authz_groupfile.c
  mod_authz_user.c
  mod_authz_default.c
  mod_auth_basic.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_filter.c
  mod_deflate.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_logio.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_expires.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_unique_id.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_version.c
  mod_proxy.c
  mod_proxy_connect.c
  mod_proxy_ftp.c
  mod_proxy_http.c
  mod_proxy_scgi.c
  mod_proxy_ajp.c
  mod_proxy_balancer.c
  mod_ssl.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_dav.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_suexec.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_dav_fs.c
  mod_dav_lock.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
 mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_so.c

Thank you for your help. I understand my problem is particular (but common at my too directadmin servers, perhaps all directadmin install). I appreciate the time you spend trying to find a solution.

Regards,

Gwenaël MOREAU