[Owncloud] One csync per directory.

Daniel Holm admin at danielholm.se
Thu May 24 06:12:24 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm having quite a lot of directories added to my ownCloud. Among the
files, there is my image dir, with around 50GB of images.
As you can understand they take some time to go trough, and since I have
other directories, like one for documents, they sort of get pushed out
of the way and take like 30 min to sync in some cases.

And as I understand there is only one csync process that takes care of
all of the directories, right? Only one process syncs at the time.

What about changing that so that where one process for each directory
and make them run side by side?

Might this be more CPU intense; in that case, how much?
Is there another solution? It looks like the desktop client takes a look
on every single file for a change, over and over. Wouldn't it be better
to just wait for changes and then process it?

Or am I completely out of it now?

--
Vänlig hälsning / Yours sincerely,
   Daniel Holm