[Owncloud] ownCloud coexist with SELinux?

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:27:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've just installed a fresh ownCloud 4 directly from the official
page, but I get a Permission Denied error when I try to access it.

I am running Apache 2.2 with the required PHP dependencies (and I plan
to use the simpler sqlite database for ownCloud) on Scientific Linux
6.2 (which is fully compatible with RHEL 6.2).

After some troubleshooting, I realised that SELinux is what's denying
access (because the ownCloud setup page shows up when I set SELinux
from "Enforcing" to "Permissive").

Does anyone have experience with running ownCloud on a SELinux-active
system who can tell me what I need to do to let ownCloud work?

Thank you so much!