[Owncloud] Rescan Pictures with a cronjob task

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed May 23 22:04:30 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 22:23 Florian Hülsmann wrote:
> Hi Niko,
>
> putting this command into the crontab should do the job:
>
> curl -s -L --max-redirs 3 --basic -u 'user:password'
> 'http://host/owncloud/?app=gallery&getfile=ajax/galleryOp.php&operation=scan
> '
>
> But I'm not sure why it even redirects... Someone else may provide a
> better solution.

It seems like http auth is kinda useless now because of all the redirects. I
have a script to backup contacts and calendars, but on OC4 I get a listing of
the files instead?

wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=user --http-password=password \
  -O file.vcf "http://host/owncloud/?app=contacts&getfile=export.php?bookid=X"

If you run:

curl -L -v --basic -u 'user:password' \
'http://host/owncloud/?app=gallery&getfile=ajax/galleryOp.php&operation=scan'