[Owncloud] OC4: LDAP, share dialogue

sven.ehret at comdok.de sven.ehret at comdok.de
Wed May 23 07:50:05 UTC 2012

Congratulations for another awesome release!

I set up my OC4 server with an MS Server 2008 Active Directory and users
can authenticate and use their files fine. Whoo!

The problem is that no users are being displayed in the share dialogue.

My LDAP settings are like this:

Host: <IP Address>
Base: <LDAP Base>
Name: <AD Domain>\<Name>
Passwort <Password>
User Login Filter: (SamAccountName=%uid)
User List Filter: objectClass=person
Group Filter: objectClass=group
Port: 389
Base User Tree: <LDAP Base>
Base Group Tree: <LDAP Base>
Group-Member association: memberUid
☒ Use TLS
☒ Case insensitive LDAP server (Windows)
Display Name Field: SamAccountName

When trying to share something, the apache2 error log says:
[Wed May 23 09:48:48 2012] [error] [client 217.76.110.103] PHP Warning:
ldap_start_tls(): Unable to start TLS: Server is unavailable in
/var/www/apps/user_ldap/lib_ldap.php on line 663, referer:
http://cloud.xxx.xx/

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong or where I could be looking
for hints?

Best,

Sven Ehret
Informations-Technologie