[Owncloud] Birthdays from contacts to calender

Daniel Wunderlich danielwunderlich at gmx.de
Tue May 22 23:24:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

first of all, I want to thank all the hard-working developers of
ownCloud! You created a really impressive piece of software -- thank you
and rock on! :o)

I upgraded from version 3.0.3 to 4, obvious without any problems. I had
no times to test all the new features, but I will do this the next days.

I saw that birthdays of contacts now appear at the calender of the
web-frontend as gray-colored events, too. That's a nice little feature I
was looking forward to.

Now my question: Is it possible  to sync the birthdays (or rather the
corresponding events) via caldav? I use Thunderbird, which already syncs
finde with my calenders, but the birthday-events are not synced and only
displayed at the web-frontend.

Regards,
Daniel