[Owncloud] Encryption

Daniel Holm admin at danielholm.se
Tue May 22 15:14:16 UTC 2012

I'm confident about this encryption, but sure it's true that the admin
can see the files - while they are decrypted. And I don't know about
you, but I rather do something else then spending time waiting for
users to login and then get their files. Still, this function makes it
more secure then other cloud based storage, which you might now know
how they store your files.

I'm planning on using ownCloud for my own storage service, and with a
encrypted servers, connection and file storage, this is more secure.

Also, you could perhaps restrict permissions - even for admins. Do
server maintenance, but can't see the user files, even while they are
decrypted.

Vänlig hälsning / Yours sincerely,
  Daniel Holm
  IT Consultant