[Owncloud] Mozilla sync integration project

Michael Gapczynski mtgap at owncloud.com
Tue May 22 02:31:24 UTC 2012

On Monday, May 21, 2012 06:28:52 PM Michał Jaskurzyński wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started working and I implemented user api part. There is at
> https://gitorious.org/~mjaskurzynski/owncloud/mjaskurzynskis-owncloud/commit
> s/firefox-sync-service. Could you give me feedback (code quality, coding
> style etc.)?
>
> WBR
> Michal Jaskurzynski

I took a quick look. I'm not sure how much feedback I can give directly
related to your implementation of Mozilla sync because I'm unfamiliar with it.
And I actually have questions rather than specific advice.

Is there a specific reason why this isn't an app? I don't believe this will by
accepted into the official release so it will need to be an app for users to
install it. Even better is if you could integrate with the current bookmarks
app to sync those bookmarks as well. I do see in your GSoC proposal your
intention for it being an app. I'm just confused why you're not starting off
with it being an app.

Can you explain to me who the users are that you need to create and
authenticate? Are these different people using the same Mozilla sync? Are
these not users on the ownCloud instance?

It looks like you're ahead of your own schedule though seeing as GSoC coding
started today. Keep up the good work! Don't forgot to drop by in IRC to chat,
we're always there to help.

Michael