[Owncloud] Broken fileupload on IE

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Wed May 16 14:18:30 UTC 2012

On 05/16/2012 01:38 PM, Thomas Müller wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, dem 16.05.2012 um 12:33 schrieb Arthur Schiwon:
>> Hey,
>>
>> in OC 4 file upload is broken on IE (at least for IE 8 and 9), despite
>> it has worked on OC 3. This is somewhat critical unfortunately.
>>
>> IE fires an JavaScript error: "Access denied".
>>
>> It occurs between when this is triggered:
>> $(this).parent().children('.file_upload_start').trigger('click');
>> (in apps/files/js/files.js)
>>
>> file_upload_start is the file input element. IE is very strict about
>> this type of element and hardly permits JS interaction with that.
>>
>> OC 3 does not differ much regarding HTML structure. However, using IE
>> the cited line is not being triggered. Confusingly, commenting out that
>> element makes it unusable.
>>
>> I am pretty much dark with that. Does someone of you have an idea?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Arthur
>
> Looks like we have some more issues with IE8 - see the screenshot attached.

That reminds me that i wanted to say that PDF JS breaks ownCloud for IE
pretty much, that needs to be disabled. However, the core features
should work so far.

With which version is your screenshot made? Did you delete your cache?
Since for me it at least looks quite okish, also with latest 3.

Cheers
Arthur

P.S.: If you upgraded from OC 3 remove everything in /files/ besides
webdav.php