[Owncloud] Broken fileupload on IE

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Wed May 16 11:38:52 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, dem 16.05.2012 um 12:33 schrieb Arthur Schiwon:
> Hey,
>
> in OC 4 file upload is broken on IE (at least for IE 8 and 9), despite
> it has worked on OC 3. This is somewhat critical unfortunately.
>
> IE fires an JavaScript error: "Access denied".
>
> It occurs between when this is triggered:
> $(this).parent().children('.file_upload_start').trigger('click');
> (in apps/files/js/files.js)
>
> file_upload_start is the file input element. IE is very strict about
> this type of element and hardly permits JS interaction with that.
>
> OC 3 does not differ much regarding HTML structure. However, using IE
> the cited line is not being triggered. Confusingly, commenting out that
> element makes it unusable.
>
> I am pretty much dark with that. Does someone of you have an idea?
>
> Cheers
> Arthur

Looks like we have some more issues with IE8 - see the screenshot attached.

Here are some more errors - just from loading files:
  Expected identifier, string or number  js.js, line 16 character 3
  'OC' is undefined  eventsource.js, line 34 character 1
  Expected identifier, string or number  config.js, line 54 character 1
  'OC' is undefined  result.js, line 1 character 1
  Expected ':'  pdf.js, line 102 character 9
  Expected ':'  pdfview.js, line 91 character 7
  Number expected  webodf.js, line 61 character 312
  'OC' is undefined  share.js, line 1 character 1
  Expected identifier, string or number  files.js, line 684 character 3
  'OC' is undefined  loader.js, line 53 character 2

I'll be on irc tonight - in case you need further input or testing.

Take care,

Tom