[Owncloud] LDAP login fails with latest git branch

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue May 8 08:59:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

>> When I try to login, OC uses the search base "dc=example,dc=com". This
>> is definitely a bug.
> I will check this.
>
>> When I leave the user and group trees empty, OC doesn't contact the ldap
>> server at all.
> The backend should use the standard base dn instead, probably setting it
> back to blank fails. I will check this as well.

I found out, that OC uses the ldap configuration that is defined in
/etc/ldap.conf. It ignores the base setting of the ldap user app. In my
ldap.conf the base setting was "dc=example,dc=com", so OC tries to find
the user in this ldap tree. When I edit /etc/ldap.conf, so that it
contains the correct base dn, OC can authenticate the user.

Regards,
Dirk