[Owncloud] LDAP login fails with latest git branch

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Mon May 7 16:07:36 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 05/07/2012 04:02 PM, Dirk Kastens wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I'm currently using the latest branch from git (4 alpha). Since Friday
>> I'm not able to login via LDAP. Local owncloud Users are no problem.
>> Everything worked fine before.
>
> Same here.
>
>> The login dialog tells me, that I tried the wrong username or
>> password. But I can successfully login to other services that use the
>> same LDAP tree.
>> Did you change something significantly? Do I have to chance something
>> in my LDAP conf? Has anyone the same problem?
>
>> What are the fields "Base User Tree" and "Base Group Tree" for and how
>> do I use them? At the moment they are blank.
>> The attributes I use for email and quota do exist.
>
> I'm using the following configuration:
>
> Base: dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
> Base user tree: ou=people
> Base group tree: ou=groups

Currently, you'd need to give the whole dn for both trees, e.g.
ou=people,dc=uni-osnabrueck,dc=de
though it is more reasonable to set it up your way (or autodetect).
Until the release we will have better documentated settings.

> When I try to login, OC uses the search base "dc=example,dc=com". This
> is definitely a bug.
I will check this.

> When I leave the user and group trees empty, OC doesn't contact the ldap
> server at all.
The backend should use the standard base dn instead, probably setting it
back to blank fails. I will check this as well.

Thanks four your (both Dirk and Thomas) reports.

Cheers
Arthur