[Owncloud] owncloud API design guidelines

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Mar 30 14:12:41 UTC 2012

On 30.03.2012 16:02, Alessandro Cosentino wrote:
Hi,

> I am going to design a RESTful webAPI for the rss aggregator app (I know, I
> am talking about this app too much)
No, that can't be done - talking about stuff one does is always good :-)

I wonder what kind of API that will be. You said you do an RSS
aggregator, doesn't it pull RSS feeds from other sites using their API
and display them in the oC?
What is your API providing than? And who/what are the planned consumers?
Other ownCloud apps, mobile devices, other things?

> and I was wondering if there are any
> API design guidelines that ownCloud apps should follow.
Not yet, but we really need them... Maybe you can take notes while you
go through the process of starting a new app now what you were missing
or what could have helped.

have fun,

Klaas