[Owncloud] WebDAV Slow !?

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Mar 30 08:47:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

I found that the WebDAV server is responding quite slow, for example
copying 1000 files to a mounted webdav share takes around 6-7 minutes
for me. Syncing as well ;-(

I set up a bit of profiling and found out that its actually not the
WebDAV Server what is slowing down. In [1] you see that webdav.php does
a require_once on base.php. That takes the time. Drilling further down
it comes out that the loading of the apps takes time.

Do we need Apps loading in the WebDAV server? Can we go a little round
of optimizing here? Maybe we could drop off base.php completely here?
Please help!

If you want to play around yourself, I am attaching the profile file.
Just load it into the kcachegrind tool and be amazed how useful that
tool is :-)

thanks,

Klaas

[1] http://paste.opensuse.org/73343481