[Owncloud] strange problems with WebDAV

Jan Teichmann jan.teichmann at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:42:06 UTC 2012

Hello owncloud community,

I installed the latest release 3 of owncloud on my webspace and started
playing around a little.
Everything is working fine but I have problems using WebDAV.

Everything is working fine using firefox browsing to /files/webdav.php
It asks for authentication and shows the folders and files I uploaded.

On my Fedora command line I tried to connect using cadaver but it is not
working.
1) using http://####/files/webdav.php I get:
Could not access /files/webdav.php/ (not WebDAV-enabled?):
403 Forbidden
2) using https://####/files/webdav.php it asks for the authentication
details and then I get:
Could not access /files/webdav.php/ (not WebDAV-enabled?):
Could not parse response status line

I tried nautilus both dav:// and davs:// without success.

Any idea why it's not working?