[Owncloud] GANTT Charts as owncloud app? A GSoC project?

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Tue Mar 6 20:14:24 UTC 2012

On 04.03.2012 13:12, Miguel Figueiredo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
>> To start with I think a simple text file would be ok. That could be
>> edited with the built in text editor of ownclowd. jsGantt has an option
>> to use an xml file. Later on a spezific built in editor would be great.
>
> Good project management tools (which use the Gantt representations) can
> be very complicated.
Oh yes. So is Taskjuggler for example :-)

> TBH i'm not sure this is the under the sharing/storing scope of Owncloud.
Its clearly not. But it could be under the scope of an ownCloud app that
somebody wants to work on. Note that the app concept of ownCloud allows
to create very mighty, specialized apps without having them within the
ownCloud core.

> What could be awesome for project management would be the ability to
> store/retrieve, with the specific tools, directly to owncloud.
But what should be stored and retrieved? Files?

> Maybe an API is needed for this.
What kind of API? To store and retrieve files we already have an API :)

regards,

Klaas