[Owncloud] LDAP Plugin: Looking for beta tester

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 00:24:08 UTC 2012

Hi Arthur,

Le 5 mars 2012 à 11:46, Arthur Schiwon a écrit :

> thanks very much for getting into ownCloud withing no time and contributing :)

I make a lot of critics about existing software not think for final integration, so when I can I contribute :-)

> On Sunday 04 March 2012 22:01:20 Yoann Gini wrote:
>>
>> I’ve done my first beta version of my LDAP plugin, merging in one apps user
>> and admin group on LDAP.
>
> Actually, the current LDAP backend is in active development and hence there
> are already a couple of LDAP backends out there we aim to unify them in a
> single backend and avoid fragmentation.

Seems legit

>> It’s fully workable here with OpenLDAP on OS X
>> Server.
>
> Is it possible to bring your features into the master version of LDAP? In a
> way that it works for all platforms?

After a good test & debug step, yes of course.

>> I need some beta tester to try it on different configuration before
>> publishing.
>
> I do not have OS X, but because of the things mentioned about I am interested
> into your code and like to have a look into it :)

Here it is. Actually it’s not compatible with the user_ldap and group_ldap plugin (I forgot to rename the classes, my first beta tester has see that) so if user_ldap is enabled, you have a bug when you enable global_ldap.

Usually I develop in C or Objective-C, with a memory context made for « computer » programs, not webapps. So if you are a PHP developer I would like to have your feedback about the PHP object memory life cycle. When different object are created ? At each session ? Do we have memory persistence for class variable between two different clients (so we need to protect memory access) ?

As I say, the actual version is a beta, we need to fix the memory management and the different bug when it’s in the end user hands.