[Owncloud] GANTT Charts as owncloud app? A GSoC project?

Pascal Mages pascal.mages at avertas.ch
Thu Mar 1 19:18:29 UTC 2012

Hi

First of all, it's great to see owncloud gaining momentum! Thanks to all
involved in making it happen!

I would like to propose an idea which could maybe be turned into GSoC
project. In a collaboration project we will probably use owncloud. But
one piece is still missing. We need a way to display/generate GANTT
charts and doing thant in owncloud would be the most natural thing.
In short: A Gantt chart is a type of bar chart, developed by Henry
Gantt, that illustrates a project schedule [1].

There is a free GANTT chart tool based on Javascript, CSS and HTML which
could provide a startig point [2] for an owncloud app.

In the bug tracker there is actually a feature request [3].
Who else is interested in such an app and would help to make it happen?
As I'm not a developper I can't really judge how much work this would
mean and if it would be suitable for a GSoC project. But I would be
happy to provide my GANTT and end user knowlegde.

Anyone joining in?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gantt_chart
[2] http://jsgantt.com/
[3] http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/issues/oc-48