[Owncloud] ownCloud API

Michael Gapczynski mtgap at owncloud.com
Fri Jun 29 18:59:02 UTC 2012

On Friday, June 29, 2012 06:46:56 PM Klaas Freitag wrote:
> On 29.06.2012 15:53, Michael Gapczynski wrote:
> > Well I'm satisfied with that, I'll start writing up some stuff for a cloud
> > module.
>
> Can we summarize concrete usecases for the API, what we want to provide
> through it and to whom for example. I am kind of lost in the general API
> discussion, but lost the view on what the API very specifically is for.
>
>  From the clients POV I could make use of API to:
> - get information about the users quota

I believe something like this could be a attribute for a user in the PERSON
module.

> - get information about the serverside file list with metadata (all files)

What metadata are you missing from WebDAV?

> - Shares info (not sure yet how that works)

Sharing for both local and remote instance to instance sharing, which Deepak
is working on.

> - File revisions
> what else?

I believe contacts, calendar, tasks are covered by the DAV protocol and media
is covered by Ampache. I'm not sure if these need anything else.

Alessandro will need a way to sync feeds for the news app. I believe he
already has a plan for what he needs the API to do.

Bookmarks could also benefit from a way to sync.

The gallery app could manage albums and photos from the API.

Michael