[Owncloud] podcatcher app

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:52:04 UTC 2012

Dear Fred,

thanks for the interest in ownCloud.

Yes, a podcatcher app for ownCloud is one of the future ideas. It's
already mentioned here: http://owncloud.org/dev/junior-jobs/
And I also mentioned it in my proposal, see
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/cosenal/1

Right now I am thinking of just marking with an attachment-like icon
posts that contains an audio/video enclosure, such as podcasts.
It's hard to say yet in which part of the two apps (feed reader and
podcatcher) intersect, I would guess that definitely in the parsing
part. Moreover, I am not sure that the podcatcher should be a separate
app from the Music app.

Anyway, I am cc'ing this answer and your email to the owncloud ml, so
that we avoid having people working independently on the same things.

Best,
Alessandro