[Owncloud] Authenticating users

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:47:15 UTC 2012

On 25 June 2012 11:19, Victor Dubiniuk <victor.dubiniuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, well for this imap-users app, I unzipped it in the /data
>> directory and yet, I get  "Error while enabling app" when I try to
>> enable it from the interface.  I thought it might be a permissions
>> issue, so I chmodded the perms from 750 to 755 like the rest of the
>> directories in /data, but that didn't help.  Nor did changing the
>> permissions inside the directory to match the others (i.e. 644 for
>> *.php and 755 for directories).
>

> Check if there is a record added to your ownCloud admin log when you enable
> an app:
>
> Error   core    Archives of type application/zip; are not supported
>
> There was a bug with mime-type detection and it is fixed in the current
> version by the commit I referred.
> You can download patched file
> here https://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud/blobs/637f8398ba85870eac5cb0b03a67ef32b494336f/lib/helper.php
> using the 'Raw blob data' link.
> Backup your lib/helper.php and replace it with the downloaded one. That's
> it.

Logging.  An interesting point.  I see a syslog.php file - so I
presume it's possible to set up logging to an actual
/var/log/owncloud.log and have it rotated as the other logs (Debian
6.0)?

Anyway, in the meantime I found this:

Error 	core 	App "IMAP user backend" can't be installed because it is
not compatible with this version of ownCloud 	June 25, 2012, 14:54
Error 	core 	App "IMAP user backend" can't be installed because it is
not compatible with this version of ownCloud 	June 25, 2012, 14:49

So, back to my original question :)  Will we get IMAP authentication
as part of the base package eventually?  I am not a PHP coder
otherwise I would surely offer up something.   I would like to
contribute if possible though.

Thanks.

Simon