[Owncloud] Authenticating users

Victor Dubiniuk victor.dubiniuk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:19:26 UTC 2012

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Simon Brereton
<simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>wrote:

> Okay, well for this imap-users app, I unzipped it in the /data
> directory and yet, I get  "Error while enabling app" when I try to
> enable it from the interface.  I thought it might be a permissions
> issue, so I chmodded the perms from 750 to 755 like the rest of the
> directories in /data, but that didn't help.  Nor did changing the
> permissions inside the directory to match the others (i.e. 644 for
> *.php and 755 for directories).

Check if there is a record added to your ownCloud admin log when you enable
an app:

Error   core    Archives of type application/zip; are not supported

There was a bug with mime-type detection and it is fixed in the current
version by the commit I referred.
You can download patched file here
https://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud/blobs/637f8398ba85870eac5cb0b03a67ef32b494336f/lib/helper.php
using the 'Raw blob data' link.
Backup your lib/helper.php and replace it with the downloaded one. That's
it.

---
Victor Dubiniuk