[Owncloud] Can someone with knowledge of file saving loading have a look at this?

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Tue Jun 19 13:01:27 UTC 2012

On 19.06.2012 14:41, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> Some weird character encoding error I can't reproduce:
>
> "I tried two different owncloud server configurations, while trying to rule
> out if this is a server problem or not.
>
> First Setup: Cent OS 6.2 Server, apache/MySQL Second Setup: Windows 2003 R2
> Server, apache/MySQL (Regional options ->  all Greek)
>
> Both servers had exactly the same problem - files with filenames in Greek are
> shown in the web interface properly and they also sync and download, but they
> are saved with a strange filename in the server's file system.
Hmm, as I see in the bug below, you already checked the system encodings.
Maybe the MySQL database is NOT set the UTF-8?  It seems that the MySQL
database is not UTF-8 by default but has to be created like this:

CREATE DATABASE `Sample_DB` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE
utf8_general_ci;

HTH

Klaas