[Owncloud] Owncloud SSO integration

Manuel Delgado manuel.delgado at ucr.ac.cr
Thu Jun 14 02:04:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM, Bart Visscher <bartv at thisnet.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 06:29:40PM -0600, Manuel Delgado wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > We are going to use Owncloud as our cloud storage service and we are
> using
> > a Single Sign-On service to authenticate users once.
> >
> > My question: Is there a method to validate the owncloud users with an SSO
> > server? Is it possible?
>
> Yes it is possible, in the core there is the user_ldap app. And there
> are also 3rd party authentication apps like user_redmine and user_imap.
>

> > If is possible but is not implemented we can build an app for that but we
> > need to know if it is technically possible.
>
> You can use the above apps as examples for your own app.
>
> Bart
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > Manuel Delgado

Hello Bart

Thank you for the answer.

I was coding some test to integrate SSO but as you said: there are user_*
apps that allow integration with other authentication services. But they
depend on user/password entry but SSO not. If you already are logged in on
your SSO service, you do not need the checkPassword() function,
nevertheless Owncloud will show you the login page anyway because of the
isLoggedIn() function. I'm stuck here.

Regards,
Manuel Delgado

*Usuario Linux* *#520940 <http://counter.li.org/>*