[Owncloud] Are my expectations wrong?

owncloud owncloud at clevertrove.com
Sat Jul 28 13:33:12 UTC 2012

I built a server and installed & configured owncloud.  Created a user account for myself.  Installed the client on windows.

I login to the web interface as myself, and I connect my windows client.  I stick things into the web interface, and they don't appear locally...  I stick things into the local sync dir, and they don't appear on the web interface.

If I login via ssh to the server, I see all my stuff exists in the user data directory ...  But the clientsync stuff is under "clientsync" folder which is apparently excluded for some reason from the web interface view.  And the web interface stuff is outside the "clientsync" folder, which naturally means the client can't see any of that.

Thanks for any explanation or assistance...