[Owncloud] Sharing of pictures / galleries

Susinthiran Sithamparanathan chesusin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:42:09 UTC 2012

I'm not trying to answer your questions Sam, but just wanted to add
that gallery sharing is really a sought after feature we miss in
ownCloud.
It will be so much more convenient for me and other users of ownCloud
to be able to send link to a gallery rather than a folder with images,
which have to be downloaded to be viewed.

+1 for gallery sharing!

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Sam Tuke <samtuke at owncloud.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to share a picture gallery in OC4? Sharing a folder via private
> link isn't the same thing.
>
> Four users in the forums are asking about this, and I'm also curious as a
> friend of mine has the same issue.
>
> Forum thread link:
>
> http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3082
>
> Forum thread opening post:
> __
>
> Hello,
>
> I have another problem with my new owncloud installation.
> I know, how to share folders on my owncloud server with other users of the
> server and also how to make is publicly available via a private link for
> reading.
> So this just works fine.
>
> But I would also like, to share the gallery view of some picture folders with
> some friends.
> But so far I haven't found any tutorial or hint, how to share a picture
> gallery.
>
> If I share the folder with the picture just in the files view, the users also
> just get the files interface, to look at the pictures, but they have no
> possibility to go to the picture/gallery-view.
> And within my pictures/gallery view I found no possibility to share this view
> with anybody.
>
> So can anybody tell me, how to share a picture gallery (or where to find some
> help or tutorial how to do this)?
> Or is this not possible with the current version of owncloud?
>
> Bye Ralf
> __
>
> Best,
>
> Sam.