[Owncloud] Feature Request - IMAP Auth

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:39:35 UTC 2012

Hi

I know there's an add-on available, but a) until now I couldn't get it
to install and b) I think this is a basic enough feature that version
5 should be supporting it, but would it be possible to set an IMAP
server as the authentication backend as a feature please?  I'm
prevented from doing a site-wide roll-out until this can be achieved.
If I was a php developer, I would offer some code, but I'm not.
However, there are open source modules available - http://goo.gl/LQ9dF
- and other open source projects, e.g. Horde, Roundcube, etc that have
modules you could use as long the as GPL is respected - so there's no
need to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks.

Simon