[Owncloud] OwnCloud and cPanel with Installatron

Colin owncloud at lanternhosting.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 13:47:42 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I have been checking out OwnCloud lately and have found it useful,
though I was running a dedicated virtual machine for a small amount of
data which is a bit of a waste.

I also run cPanel servers and use app management software called
Installatron (http://installatron.com/). In the last couple of weeks,
OwnCloud has shown up as an app that Installatron will set up. If you
didn't know then this is a heads up that OwnCloud is being pushed out
that way!

I have been speaking to the people at Installatron to get it up and
running and realised that there is a bit of incompatibility. I have
attempted to install an instance of OwnCloud to a subdomain as follows:

subdomain.domain.tld

In this setup, the code at line 143 of lib/base.php detects WEBROOT
incorrectly so all the links including img/css/js are generated as:

subdomain.domain.tld/subdomain

I can get it to work by removing the auto-detection code and replacing
it with:

OC::$WEBROOT='';

That is obviously not ideal as upgrades will remove it. The fault may be
coming from SUBURI, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure whether the
responsibility for fixing is with Installatron as they package it up,
but it may be down to making OwnCloud aware of cases such as this.

All the best,
Colin Waring.