[Owncloud] App settings

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Tue Jul 24 12:12:35 UTC 2012

On Monday 23 July 2012 10:09 Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> The trigger for that popover should be where your apps menubar is –
> for Files, Calendar and Music in the top right, for Contacts it’s cool
> as it is now.
> The trigger icon should be the settings cog
> (http://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud/blobs/master/core/img/actions/settin
> gs.png – you might say this clashes with the global settings icon, but it
> will not anymore when the settings are moved to the top right, unified with
> user info and log out).
> For the popover, the first developer to do it should define a global
> style class .popup in core.css – just use the CSS from the About &
> Settings popovers from http://youtify.com for that.
>
> That’s it. Let me know if you have any questions, and sorry I can’t help
> more.

It seems like a good solution. I will see if I can cookup something reusable
:-)

> (By the way, regarding address book configuration – since you mention
> »maybe even get rid of it« – just do that. If people want to configure
> address books, they can do it in their desktop client. We should not
> load up the web app with functionality like that, where groups make
> much more sense. Doesn’t matter what’s in the standard, neither
> Google, Android, iOS or any other modern apps use the notion of
> address books – because it’s confusing to people.)

As mentioned on IRC I have an idea on how to do this while still being
standards compliant under the hood, but will wait until OC 6 to be sure to
have a stable OC 5 release ;)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus