[Owncloud] notes synchronization

Florian Hülsmann fh at cbix.de
Mon Jul 23 19:15:05 UTC 2012

Hey,

Some time ago I wanted to do this (synchronization with GNOME Tomboy)
and started working on an app called "townboy" (owncloud + tomboy ^^).
But Tomboy Sync uses OAuth for managing its clients and I then had a
discussion with MTGap on IRC, who told me he was gonna work on an OAuth
API that even other apps could use (correct me if I'm wrong!!), which
totally made sense to me =) I think I'll start over making townboy as
soon as we have such an API, but here are some important references I
used: https://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/Synchronization/REST/1.0

On the other hand an "official" ownCloud notes app that can then be
extended for support with many protocols and clients is the best
solution. In fact the "Tasks" app is intended to provide this, but I'd
love to have some design gurus (like Jan ;)) make it more user friendly <.<

Cheers, Florian

Florian Hülsmann
<fh at cbix.de>
http://cbix.de