[Owncloud] CronJob System within ownCloud

Georg Ehrke ownclouddev at georgswebsite.de
Sun Jul 22 13:00:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I was just wondering if someone is working on a kind of cronjob system for ownCloud.
I know that there is the background job app by Jakob, but this app requires an entry in the crontab file.
I am currently working on remote calendars and it would be quite useful to have a cron job system, to automatically update the remote calendars.
It would actually work without a cronjob system, if you update them if the user is using the calendar, but a cronjob system would make it more comfortable.

But there are some planned features, that wouldn't work without a cronjob system.
An Example would be an automatic e-mail reminder before an event starts.

Does anybody has a clue on how I could solve this problem without making an entry in the crontab file a hard dependency?

Cheers,
Georg Ehrke