[Owncloud] Information for translators

Georg Ehrke ownclouddev at georgswebsite.de
Wed Jul 18 21:17:37 UTC 2012

Dear translators,
i wan't to thank for your great work.

If you ever done some translations for the calendar, you were probably wondering what this ("MMM d[ yyyy]{ '—'[ MMM] d yyyy}") and similar strange source strings mean.
I would like to explain them to you in the following email.

These strange source strings are date formats.
The formats follow the syntax, documented on http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/docs/utilities/formatDate/ .

You can find the following date formats in ownCloud:
MMM d[ yyyy]{ '—'[ MMM] d yyyy}
timeframe in the top middle of the week view
— means "—"
You can find these special chars e.g. on http://www.alanwood.net/demos/ent4_frame.html
using — is recommended
e.g. Jul. 16 — 22 2012
ddd
abbreviation for weekday
 in the top of the month view
e.g. Wed.
ddd M/d
abbreviation for weekday with month number and day of the month
in the top of the week view
e.g. Wed. 7/18
dddd M/d
day view
currently disabled
e.g. Wednesday 7/18
MMMM yyyy
timeframe in the top middle of the month view
e.g. July 2012
dddd, MMM d, yyyy
timeframe in the top middle of the day view
currently disabled
e.g. Wednesday, Jul. 18, 2012

The list view uses the date formats of the week view.

Additionally I've made some screenshots with the date formats instead of the date.
I hope the helps you even more.
https://github.com/georgehrke/oC-date-formats

I hope that these information are helpful and help you to customize the date format for your language.

Cheers,
Georg Ehrke