[Owncloud] regarding quality

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at owncloud.com
Wed Jul 18 20:36:40 UTC 2012

On 18.07.2012 22:15, Michał Jaskurzyński wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to join of creating test environment. I have some
> experience with Jenkins and Selenium testing. I am also agree that
> PHPUnit should be used instead of simpletest because it is more
> powerful and it is standard for php tests.
Do you have experience with phpunit and selenium integration? I only
found the docs but have not yet started development with them.

> Are there any news about this topis?
I think Tom aka DeepDiver is working on the integration of the current
simpletest suite with hudson. But no one has started writing phpunit
tests, yet.

> Do you have some concept how
> would owncloud testing progress look like?
As pointed out by others already, we should start by collecting and
organizing use cases we want to test. Tom voted for a behaviour driven
test suite so I would start with simple things like maybe login. The
first step would be a checklist that every developer can use as a "guide
to testing owncloud".

We can start writing selenium tests from there. I don't know how
powerful selenium is and if we can test drag and drop of files into the
browser with it. But it's a start.

so long

Jörn

--