[Owncloud] excessive php session files created in temp

B Walker bw at unruleable.org
Tue Jul 17 12:22:58 UTC 2012

Owncloud 4.0.4
Apache 2.2.22
PHP 5.3.14

If I access /files/webdav.php (via https://) I end up with several new php session files in my server temp directory.  If I comment out the session_start(); in lib/base.php OC::initSession the session files are not created and it doesn't seem to affect operation at all (not that I'm suggesting this as a fix, just noting the behavior).  My php.ini is not set to automatically create sessions.

This same server has phpmyadmin and roundcube (among others) both use session_start() and seem to create a single session file as I'd expect.

Any suggestions?  This is particularly annoying when trying to use the owncloud client as it makes a lot of calls, enough that I ran out of inodes on that filesystem at one point.

I could certainly move the files to another filesystem and flush more often, but it seems like their should be a proper fix.  If there are any suggestions I'd be happy to try them out.  Perhaps it's some odd misconfig on my server side.

Thanks!

--
Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.
Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.