[Owncloud] Owncloud with sqlite and ampache

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Thu Jul 12 19:47:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just discovered that I can use Amarok (version 2.6 beta1) to listen to my
music stored in owncloud (I'm a bit slow :P). Configured things in Amarok, tested
the connection (which was ok) and my music files showed up. So far, so good.
But when I tried to play one (any of them), it skipped through to the next one.
In other words: it didn't play any of my music files (all mp3) stored in
owncloud.
Searching through the Debian repository I found the ampache package, which isn't
installed on my server hosting owncloud (4.0.4).
The package discription says "Ampache is a web-based audio file manager
implemented with PHP and MySQL ..." and it also has a dependency on php5-mysql.
But my owncloud install is using sqlite.

So therefor I have 2 questions:
- Do I need the ampache server/package on my server hosting owncloud?
- Does it only work with mysql or did I do sth wrong?

Cheers,
  Diederik