[Owncloud] ownCloud Plasma client

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Jul 12 11:23:33 UTC 2012

On 12.07.2012 00:34, Aleix Pol wrote:
Hi,

> Hi!
> First of all, it's good to see people pushing owncloud (and
> synchronization) in general in KDE, I think it's something really
> needed. Kudos for that! :)
>
> Now, I just wanted to say that it doesn't look like something it would
> be on the system tray... maybe a KCM would be better? Or integrating
> with Alex's WebAccounts?
For configuration of accounts, I think it makes sense to have a KCM
module, maybe also for the folder administration, ie. adding and
removing sync folder.

The tray icon is used for two purposes currently:
- show that the software is there and running and showing the status of
the sync.
- A click on it opens a status dialog to provide more info about the sync.
- a right click gives configuration options.

As we provide the client also for Windows and Mac I don't want to give
the tray up as its kind of standard at least on that platforms.

For a tablet environment it might be different.

regards,
Klaas