[Owncloud] Sharing model (was: Re: usenames containing "@" and sharing)

Michael Gapczynski mtgap at owncloud.com
Tue Jul 10 23:13:55 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 04:30:17 PM Stefan Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any document on what the concrete plans are for sharing wrt.
> the next version? The Roadmap is very concise.

>From a user's perspective file sharing will be almost the same. The only
difference is that the select form will be replaced with a textbox with
autocomplete, and more permissions can be applied to shared files.

You can find more details on the share API in the mailing list.

> I wonder, if it will be possible to switch between (or install)
> different sharing models. Currently, ownCloud provides a collaboration
> focused sharing model, so one can share amongst members who are in the
> same group. I would rather need a distribution style sharing model,
> where configurable cross-group sharing is possible. For example, having
> groups "authors" and "agents", where authors may share with agents but
> not with authors.
> In version 4 I assume, this would be done by replacing the provided
> sharing plug-in with an own implementation, right?
>
> Further, will it be possible to configure whether sharing by e-mail
> shall be allowed or forbidden?

I haven't decided on any configuration specifics yet. I'll keep it in mind
though and bring it up for discussion later.

Michael