[Owncloud] Sharing model (was: Re: usenames containing "@" and sharing)

Stefan Schulz schulz at the-loom.de
Tue Jul 10 14:30:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

Is there any document on what the concrete plans are for sharing wrt.
the next version? The Roadmap is very concise.

I wonder, if it will be possible to switch between (or install)
different sharing models. Currently, ownCloud provides a collaboration
focused sharing model, so one can share amongst members who are in the
same group. I would rather need a distribution style sharing model,
where configurable cross-group sharing is possible. For example, having
groups "authors" and "agents", where authors may share with agents but
not with authors.
In version 4 I assume, this would be done by replacing the provided
sharing plug-in with an own implementation, right?

Further, will it be possible to configure whether sharing by e-mail
shall be allowed or forbidden?

Cheers,
Stefan