[Owncloud] Fun with IIS

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Jul 6 14:41:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

motivated through a bug report for the client  [1], I investigated a bit
and found out that IIS is a interesting server.Here it misinterprets a
percent encoded url by default, see bug report.

I remember that IIS behaviour was discussed here as well, so I wanted to
mention this problem as the result (server error) might not directly
point to the problem. So before you debug for ages, check if the url
might have been encoded. See also [2] for details.

regards,

Klaas

[1] http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/issues/oc-1208
[2] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942076/en-us