[Owncloud] regarding quality

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at owncloud.com
Fri Jul 6 13:10:46 UTC 2012

On 03.07.2012 14:09, Sam Tuke wrote:
> On Saturday 30 Jun 2012 22:52:48 eMerzh wrote:
>> May be the automatic test (with a good coverage!) may help us here..
>> but we have a loooong job to make everything testable :/
> [...] Whilst we're on the subject, can I ask why we're using simpletest rather than
> PHPUnit?
While I like simpletest for the easy execution of the testsuite via
browser[1], with VisualPHPUnit[2] we have that for PHPUnit as well.
Furthermore, I am using netbeans to get the benefits of an integrated
development environement with xdebug, git and trac integration (use it
to track my work).PHPUnit is well integrated, supporting test execution
and code coverage annotations[3]. As Thomas already pointed out, the
integration with Hudson or any other CI is also much more common and
well documented [4] than with simpletest.

Admitting that I am biased here, who else is interested in PHPUnit for
owncloud? What would we loose in comparison to simpletest?

so long

Jörn

[1] http://demo.owncloud.org/tests/
[2] https://github.com/NSinopoli/VisualPHPUnit