[Owncloud] Setting up owncloud with PostgreSQL (SOLVED)

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 20:31:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:14:39 +0200, eMerzh <merzhin at gmail.com> wrote :

> Hi,
>  thanks again ... i thing it's a PHP - PDO bug... i've filled a bug
> report on php and i found a work arround for oc...
>
> so could you please test the latest master again?

It is much better but I still have found some minor bugs.
Now it seems that superuser attribute is not necessary.

1) However if you give role creation attribute, then a new role is
created in PostgreSL : oc_username.
If you don't give role creation attribute, then no new role is created.

It seems that role creation is necessary, however if you don't have it
no error message is sent and I can access the traditional first page
after setup.

2) If you don't give database creation attribute, you are directed to a
blank page with the following message:
DB Error: "ERROR: permission denied for database creation"
Offending command was: CREATE DATABASE "owncloud" OWNER "owncloud"

The error message is understandable enough, however I don't know if you
wanted to display it on a blank page or on the standard error window in
the setup page ?

Best regards,