[Owncloud] Simpler LDAP auth

Wogan May wogan.may at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:33:00 UTC 2012

After pulling my hair out trying to get the default LDAP auth plugin
configured, I went ahead and wrote a simpler replacement. All it does is
clean up the username, and attempt to bind to AD with the credentials
provided at login.

It doesn't check to see if the user exists (according to our policy that's
a minor security risk, since a bot can use that to determine valid
usernames), and will simply return true if the user & password matches
perfectly.

The plugin could be made even more efficient, I'm sure.

http://pastie.org/3261915

Regards,
*Wogan May*
*Digital Polymath*