[Owncloud] Reinvent the Bookmarks app

Daniel nix at tek12.com
Mon Jan 16 13:32:25 UTC 2012

Instead of internet bookmarks, how about local bookmarks?

The PDF viewer and ACE editor are extremely helpful, but drilling
through a folder structure to reference them is not always easy. How
about being able to mark certain files and folders as "Favorites" or Tag
them - i.e. Bookmark them in some way... after which they could show up
sorted according to the tags/folders in a Bookmarks Apps?

Also, what would really make this approach effective is making the right
content pane the viewer for whatever media type is selected in the
Bookmarks app (i.e. pdf or text).

I know with OC3 coming soon, this is the worst time to mention a new
feature... but I thought it worth the mention in case anyone has interest.

Daniel