[Owncloud] syncing

Leon Orator leonorator at lavabit.com
Sun Jan 15 16:47:41 UTC 2012

On 1/14/2012 12:28 AM, Thomas Olsen wrote:
> On Friday 13 January 2012 20:51 Stephen Warren wrote:
>> Hello,
>>      I'm Stephen (aka '_fitz_') and I've been tracking OwnCloud for a
>> while now.  I'm looking
>> to get involved in some bug hunting and possibly development.
>>      I was wondering what you all use to sync Android contacts and
>> calendars with OwnCloud.  I'm not having
>> much luck with some third party apps...
> I use the sync adapters from http://dmfs.org/

I use them too, and i can sync contacts and calendars with ownCloud.

But what about tasks/to-do lists? Unfortunately Android doesn't ship
with a default task management application, and the most known third
parties apps, as far as i know, don't support calDav (for example,
Astrid). I found aCal (www.acal.me), an app that offers Calendars,Tasks
and CalDav sync, but it's still beta, buggy, and lacking many (to me)
important features.

So, does anyone have a solution? I mean, how to sync a good Android task
application with ownCloud?

Thank you.

     l.