[Owncloud] owncloud 3 alpha 1

Daniel Köb daniel.koeb at peony.at
Sun Jan 8 12:00:00 UTC 2012

Hi Frank,

> I released ownCloud 3 alpha 1 as planed in our release schedule
> http://owncloud.org/install/

It's really nice to see how this project progresses!

> From now on only small and well tested new features commits are allowed. Please focus on bugfixing.

I have found three issues that are easy to fix and which I think should
be part of ownCloud 3:

* Installation with PostgreSQL fails because the tables are not created
during setup. With some tweaking in the code it works great:
  http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2011-December/001903.html

* For me mp3info seems obsolete and can cause problems to users who have
it installed:
  http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2012-January/001930.html

* The website still states that PHP version 5.2 is sufficient. With the
new calendar implementation at least version 5.3 is required. This
should be reflected on the website:
  http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2011-November/001586.html

I hope this helps to make the release even better!
Daniel